Just a couple of little projects I’ve been working on in the last few months.
A coworker recently sent me a picture of a headband they wanted for themselves. Super cute!
And I was happy to oblige.
Although my picture didn’t come out as good, I think the headband came out perfectly!
Also, remember that frog I made for mom? This one:
He got some St. Patrick’s gear. I guess I’m a little late on posting this one.
In honor of Easter, I’ve made a couple of cute little Easter Baskets!
Happy Easter, everyone!
I know somebody who LOVES sock monkey. You know- the monkeys that are made with socks. And she asked me to crochet one for her!
In retrospect, I could have cut up some socks and made it out of those to make it authentic, but I tried that with a towel once and I’m still working out the terrible, terrible kinks.
So instead I made it some clothes!
And that ugly T-Shirt everyone has that they refuse to leave the house in.
I’ve since gotten better at making shirts.
I’ve finally finished my most longstanding project! A couple of months ago- in January- I was contacted by a family member of a family member who I’d never met, and she said she was interested in what I can make. After I made her a little stuffed animal for a friend of hers- something I’ll post later- she ordered a large set for a friend’s baby. She wanted a blanket with the baby’s name and date of birth on it, a book like the one I made for my niece for Christmas, and a pillowcase to hold the book so the baby could use it as a pillow. I’d never done so much at one time before! But I was really excited to start this project, because other than the instructions “pastel colors” and “a story about a turtle and a bunny,” I had as much creative reign as I wanted. So here’s what I came up with!
There’s a little curve to it so it’ll stay on the baby’s feet. (It gets cold in NY) The pictures here show the curve both ways. It can also be used as a fitted mattress sheet! Sorta.
The pillowcase was fun to make- just a basic granny square. I love how the shape turned out when the book is placed inside!
And the book took the longest of all. Just sewing the words and appliques onto the pages took me nine hours! I did that all in one day when I was ready for this project to be complete. Embroidering the words took an hour and a half per page, except the Winter page, which is twice as long, and that doesn’t even take into account the time it took to make the pages and appliques! A very long process.
If you can’t read the story, it’s this:
I love to do quick little projects on the side- and they usually happen to be the most useful things I make. Like this, for example!
At first glance, it probably looks like a you-have-no-idea-what, but it’s a mop pad for swiffers!
I made this for a friend of mine. Even wrapped it into a nice bundle.
And speaaaking of bundles, I made a couple of square dishcloths for a different friend.
Who also got some little feet for her daughter’s stand.
Little projects are great.
This little one I’m pretty proud of.
My Aunt has a collection of ceramic bear mugs, so when I was trying to figure out what to make her for a gift last year, that’s the first thing that came to mind. It’s not ceramic, but same gist!
Unfortunately, it’s pretty dark in color so it’s hard to see what it is in the picture, but it’s a little bear clinging to the side of the mug. I wanted him to look like he’s peeking over the edge, about to climb in and steal her drink. The coozy itself is supposed to look like honeycomb. So, it’s technically an upside-down beehive, but she wouldn’t be able to drink from it if the bear was facing the right way.
She loved it! Said it was the best gift ever, which makes me super happy.
There’s something satisfying about seeing a gift packed and ready to be shipped off. So cozy!
So, one of the fun things about crochet is making recognizable things with your own style and spin. In this case, pet replicas!
These two are for my brother-in-law and his wife, who adore their bunnies. I was so pleased with how the two of them came out! Making the spots on the black-and-white one was a big challenge; I had to change colors every time I went around in the round! It was a big mess during the process.
These were the yarn color changes for the face of the black and white bunny for his spots.
Overall, I’m pretty pleased with how the bunnies came out!